The Ethical Hairdresser is owned by Ric Gardner-Collis who is committed to following sustainable practices throughout his business that are organic, biodynamic, vegan, cruelty-free, plastic-free and sustainable with zero waste. The health of the environment and the community in which he operates is close to Ric’s heart and central to the brand’s ethos.
Ric has been working in the hairdressing sector for over a decade, having started at prestigious salons in London. He now has a longer term aim to educate his clients and the wider hairdressing sector on ways in which they can make haircare routines and services more mindful. And, being an LGBTQ+-owned independent business, it celebrates diversity of all kinds.
Ric says, “We offer our clients a bespoke, luxury service that takes a mindful and conscientious approach to their hair design and treatments. Sustainability is absolutely central to our business which is why all the products we use are from Italian brand OWAY, that shares our values and only uses ingredients that are biodynamic, organic, fair trade, sustainable and cruelty-free. The products are developed using renewable energy and packaged in 100% recyclable glass and aluminium. We also use a refill station to avoid unnecessary packaging.”
The Ethical Hairdresser’s manifesto:
- We want to leave the planet in a much better condition that we found it
- We use organic products in salon at all stages of the process
- Our products are sourced from companies with proven and independently verified sustainable and ethical practices
- The salon environment is considered, from ethically sourced wood, environmentally friendly paint to recycled paper in our guest bathroom
- All activities are cruelty-free and animal products will never be found in our salon.
- We are plastic-free and avoid superfluous packaging, offsetting the carbon we produce through ethically-accredited programmes.
- We love animals and the environment and strive to share our passion for fairness and sustainability with our guests and the wider community
- We are free of judgement, we love ALL kinds of people
Store InfoThe Ethical Hairdresser Website
3 Royal Arcade, Norwich NR2 1NQ