Centre bosses at the Royal Arcade are providing small business owners, entrepreneurs, and anyone who has ever wanted to have a presence in a shopping destination, the chance to win space at the Royal Arcade – completely free.
Royal Arcade was designed and built by one of the most famous architects from Norwich and is home to a range of food and retail store in the heart of Norwich Town Centre. The Arcade already has an individual mix of stores and eateries, all under one roof that we can’t wait to add to. To name a few you can find; Scribbler, Stompers, Langley’s Toys and Marmalades when you visit the Royal Arcade.
To be in with a chance of winning retail space in the Arcade for free, applicants can simply enter here, and we’ll do the rest!
Shortlisted entrants will then be asked to come and pitch their business to a panel from the Royal Arcade, and the winners announced shortly after.
For more information, check out our FAQ’s below.
1. Who can enter Grow at Royal Arcade?
The competition is open to anyone from the local Norwich area, aged 18 or over.
2. What do I have to do to enter?
You will need to complete the online entry form which can be found here.
3. What information is needed for my entry?
The below information will be required for your application:
- Contact details
- Business name
- Description of the business, its competitors, customers, operating locations
- Current marketing plans (if applicable)
- Potential retail space design
- An idea on what you think your business would bring to the Royal Arcade and Norwich area
- Outline why Royal Arcade is the ideal retail destination for you and your business
- A short mobile video clip, showing us what you are about
- Any additional documentation or imagery you may want to provide
4. Can I start my online entry and then go back and finish it off on another day?
No. You will need to complete your entry in one session.
5. Is there judging criteria?
No. All we’re looking for are innovative, interesting ideas from entrepreneurial individuals or organisations that want to take their businesses to the next level or get a great idea they have off the ground! It could be a brand-new restaurant concept, an online retail business that would like to take its first steps in having a physical presence in a retail space or just a really exciting concept that needs space to get it off the ground. We’re open to anything!
6. When will I know if I’ve been successful?
If you have been successful you will be contacted via email after the closing date (11th October 2019), confirming you have been shortlisted and through to the next stage.
7. What happens if I’m shortlisted?
If you are successfully shortlisted, you will be invited to Royal Arcade to meet with a panel of judges to present your business or business idea.
8. What can I win?
Retail space in the Royal Arcade free of charge for an agreed period of time between yourself and the landlord, Legal and General.
9. When will I get the prize?
We will want you to take the retail space from January 2020.
10. What are the terms and conditions of the prize?
Terms and conditions for Grow at Royal Arcade can be found here.